Carrière Frères Waterlily Candle
Carrière Frères candles come in a range of singular scents inspired by exotic or indigenous oils that fascinated the botanists and explorers of the 18th century. When melted, the wax releases the poetic “language of flowers and nature” thanks to the finest quality ingredients. Made in France since 1884.
A perennial water plant, waterlily or Nymphaea is a member of the Nymphaeaceae family. If the Nymphaeas gather today 35 species around the world, until the 19th Century, in Europe, we only know the white flowers nympheas. French horticulturists then decide to cross european and tropical species to create coloured hybrid that will later be exhibited in the Trocadero’s basins during the Paris universal exhibition in 1889 and featured in Claude Monet’s painting untitled « Les Nymphéas ».
In collaboration with the Paris national Museum of natural History, Carrière Frères highlights plants that are unusual, exotic and packed with history.
Weight: 6.5 oz
Burning time: 45 to 50 hours
Dimensions: H: 3.5 in x D: 3 in
How to Maintain Your Candle
- Never leave a lit candle unattended, and do not burn one for more than 2 hours at a time.
- Always burn a candle until the entire surface liquifies, and allow it to solidify before re-lighting.
- Keep the wick trimmed to ¼ inch at all times, to avoid any black smoke. Gently re-position the wick while the wax is still molten.
- Always protect the surface on which the candle rests.
- Once only ¼ inch of wax remains, blow out the candle and let it fully cool before safely discarding it.